Saturday, July 22, 2006

I finally understand it

I went surfing today... It was so great. I got a lesson from a very nice Kiwi/Thai man, and he really was the perfect teacher. He asked if I had ever surfed before, and I said no, and then he asked if I had ever Skateboarded or snowboarded before. I told him that yes I did skateboard before and I dislocated my elbow. He asked me if I was good before I fell off, and I had to tell him it was my first time on it... so no, I wasn't! It worked out though. I did okay, and taking a dive into water hurts so much less than taking a dive into cement... or snow for that matter.

He was very good and encouraging, and now I think I'm addicted. It's kind of like paragliding in the way that you can forget about absolutely everyone and everything that is going on around you. I loved that feeling.

I was out there for more than an hour and a half, and had to come back in because I was pretty exhausted. But, I'm definately going back out tomorrow... and the next day... and then we're leaving Phuket, so I guess that will be it until Taiwan.

Okay, gotta go relax for the rest of the day... or shop... who knows.

Erin

No comments: