Friday, August 11, 2006

Jeju-do you have nothing on Green Island

Well, right now we are in Taitung. We are staying at a cheap little hostel that gives us our own bathroom. Sold.

Today we decided to take just a day trip to an Island called Green Island (appropriatly named because of all the green water). We had been planning to spend the night, but didn't want to lug our luggage (haha ironic) all that way with the chance of not finding a place to stay. Green Island is by far one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen, and if I had known I was going to get to a PC room tonight I would have brought my camera and shown some pictures.

Katie and I rented a scooter to drive around the island (which takes only a half hour if you don't stop at the sights). So we had plenty of time to drive around and see everything. Katie drove, and I was the backseat navigator ("Stop here, it's pretty." "That sign looks cool." "Umm, I don't see any English on that sign it must not be good.") It went pretty well, we had a great day, and once again got burned -it's a never ending viscious circle.

So the island was good. Way better than the 'best island ever, Jeju-do' -and much cheaper to get to.

It was a good day, and although we didn't do anything but tour and take way too many pictures, it was fun.

Tomorrow we are off to our next destination... hopefully Keelung with a few stops on the way.

Erin

Uh, sorry for the spelling mistakes, this blogger is in Chinese, and I don't have the patience to reread it, although I know there are many. I suck.

No comments: