Saturday, November 05, 2011

Being a writer

It's been a while. Not a long while. I've definitely taken longer breaks between posts. I just really want to keep this up, while I try to do everything else. My poor real life journal, never gets any writing action. It's too bad. I've been writing in that for many years because I take so many breaks from it -it's literally falling apart.

October is now over. We're already into November. The months are going too quickly in my eyes. I feel like I have so much to do, and I'm not really doing anything lately. Actually, my life is truly being taken over by writing (and TV). I write at work, I try to write at home, and I have really become quite an anti-social. I just solved my problem, it's not that time is going to quickly, it's that I'm not doing anything to reach my goals.

It feels like I've picked one focus, and am not dealing with the rest. I'm trying to write a novel, and I hate saying that because if it never happens, everybody I've told will know. I obviously don't tell a lot of people, but I just wrote it in my blog, so it's out there.

Anyway, even though I love that I'm writing, I know there are other things I'm not dealing with. Like the fact that I'm 31 and I still want to somehow get married and have kids someday in my life -which isn't easy when I don't even have any sort of man presence. I'm not saying I want to be in a relationship right now -I'm still healing from the last one, but I'd love to date or go on dates. I want to have some fun, and to smile and laugh. It just isn't going to happen if I don't do anything about it.

Okay, short entry... but I have to go write some fiction (calling it fiction sounds better than the hopeful word 'novel'.)

No comments: