Friday, December 31, 2010

Resolutions for 2011

I'm am doing this even though Nehal strongly suggested not to... And I understand why, it's hard enough following through on resolutions when they are written in a journal, or just stated out loud, but I am writing it for all to see on my blog, so if I fail... everyone will know. That's why I'm going to keep them pretty simple with the knowledge that I may not be able to keep my resolutions. So here it goes:

1) I am going to read more. I spent my Christmas with my family, and was jealous while watching them read. I still read, but not like I could. I should be able to read much more books. I'm also going to keep track of what I read. I enjoy writing about what I read.

2) Spend less time on facebook, and less time watching television. Doing this will help me with reading more, and with the rest of my resolutions.

3) Obviously: write more. And not just blogging, but write more fiction, write more in my journal, write more letters and even emails. Any form of writing is important.

4) Take better care of my house. I'm lucky enough to live in a beautiful house, I should spend more time making it look beautiful.

5) More quality time with Karmen. In other words... walk my dog.

6) Learn how to budget my money. Pretty important, and it's something I should know by this age... but I don't, and it's actually one of my most important resolutions.

7) Lose weight -be healthy. This includes eating better, giving up fast food (with the once a month rule), and exercising.

8) Be happy with where I am in life, but keep working towards making it better.

9) Try new things. All the time.

9 is a strange number for resolutions, but that's all I am doing.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Erin

No comments: