Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Update Time

Well, I guess it's time for an update. Here it is: I'm still jobless, still homeless (but have a place to stay), and getting sadder at the state of my life by the second... but don't worry, I'll figure it all out. It's moments like this, however, that I think back to that moment when I decided I didn't want to teach for another year, and almost regret the decision. Almost. I'm glad I'm home though.

It was my grandfather's 80th birthday on Labour Day, and I was there with all the rest of my family to help in celebrate. That felt pretty good, it seems like I've missed every Burton family celebration since I've graduated high school (the 50th Anniversary, and last year my Grandma's 80th), so it was nice to see everyone. The best part though was seeing how happy my grandpa and grandma were to have there whole family at home. Everyone made it out, all their kids, and all their kid's kids. (And the kid's kid's kids). If only I hadn't been PMSing... I would have been able to handle the question, "Have you found a job yet?" a lot easier. My family is very supportive though, so that's nice.

What else? I'm still jobless. I had an interview to sell shoes at The Bay, but I couldn't force myself to do that. I'd rather work at a restaurant or a coffee shop or something. Actually, to be completely honest, I'm planning to go back to school as soon as possible because obviously an English degree gets a person (me) no where in life.

The good news... My Birthday is coming soon!!!! I love my birthday. Monday is the day, and I'm planning to celebrate all weekend!!

I'm sure it will go better than my last birthday when the cops drove me home (because I couldn't get there on my own!) Cheaper than a cab I guess... that was Korea though, luckily there is no soju here.

Okay. Bye.

Erin

No comments: