Sunday, October 07, 2012

Thanks Givings

It's been a while since I've sat down and wrote an actual blog post. I don't know why. Laziness? The inability to describe my thoughts? The inability to figure out what I'm feeling and why? 

Sometimes, fiction is the way to go. Or to escape my own reality completely and read a book. (I haven't done much of that either.)

Things are about to change again. September was a bit of a write-off when considering all the goals and stuff I'm working on. I was moving, and trying to spend every spare moment with a guy who was leaving. He's gone now, and I'm sad, but that's not why I'm writing. I think I've managed to not make this a romance blog (mostly because I haven't had a lot since starting this, and when I have, it hasn't really ended well.) 

This particular relationship hasn't ended, it's just gone long distance for now... I hope anyway, we didn't really discuss the future. The longer he's gone, the more insecure I am feeling. (He's been gone less than a week, so I better get that under control as well). I also found out that I'm pretty much on edge anytime somebody I care about is driving somewhere. Doesn't take much to figure out why, but I really feel better when i know all is good.

I apparently needed to get that out. I was meaning to write about why I've been MIA lately. The last two weeks of September were spent house hopping, while waiting to move to my new house (basement suite). The house I was in, seemed to be taken over by mice, and while I'm not really afraid of mice: it turns out I am. Just another fear I can work on. Although, if I stay away from mouse infested houses, I won't really have to worry about it. Long story short, it's not easy to read and write when you are staying at two different places. So I didn't. I wrote a little at the guy's house. Actually, I'm pretty happy that I'm comfortable enough to do that. I'm not that comfortable everywhere. 

Now he's gone, and I am without roommates so I'm hoping to get a lot more writing done. 

I have also re-started my diet and exercise routine. The laziness had to end sometime. I started counting calories on October 1st, and have some how managed to last 7 days even with Thanksgiving. I've been walking a lot, which is the number one solution to calm my nerves. I just have to remind myself of that on weekends.

Next, as it is Thanksgiving, It's time to talk about what I'm thankful for. Goes with the grateful category, and I have to tell you, I have not been feeling nearly grateful enough lately. I need to stop being pouty, and start appreciating ALL that I have. Because I have a lot. I'm so lucky that my family is mine, and that we all love, respect, and enjoy each other's company. I'm lucky to have my friends near and far.

Also, last year, I was thankful to be celebrating Nehal's wedding. I'm still thankful for that, and so glad that we are friends, and she has so many great things to look forward to after her year of marriage. (And I look forward to them as well).

So that's it. Grateful to be alive because that's really what it's all about. 

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: