Sunday, October 22, 2006

Being Single

Today I decided to go and watch a movie. My sister has sent me a free movie pass, so I decided I'd go to the movies all by myself.

I'm not sure how I thought it would make me feel. Liberating. That probably sounds silly to poeple who go to movies by themselves, but for me it was the first time I had. It was a celebration of being single I guess. I had a bad night (but good in some ways) that basically left me feeling confused and a little upset with the direction my life is going.

I'm sick of being single. But I'm not really. I don't mind doing things on my own, I just sometimes wish that I had another single friend to do it with. That's pretty hard to find, apparantly. You'd think it wouldn't be, but my friends right now are all either engaged or in a committed relationship. Scary, I know.

Point is, I don't mind being single, I just miss having somebody to do single things with... but if there's no one else, why not hang out with the best single girl there is: me.

The movie I went to see was The Gridiron Gang. Gridiron as in Grid Iron... I mispronounced it when I went to buy the ticket. Now this may seem like a silly choice for me to see... it's a sports movie with absolutely no 'chick-flickishness' in it. Let's be honest though, any sports movie ever made is a cry movie. All the inspirational crap really gets to a person. This one was no different. I needed a good cry, and I got it.

Of course, if all else fails, I just watch Sex and the City. Those single girls are the most understanding girls there are.

Okay.

No comments: